September 21, 2012

NICU day 29

Olivia has had a great 24 hours trying the bottle.  She has now taken two complete feedings (almost 2 ounces) by bottle and we are SO excited!!!  This is huge because earlier this week she was barely taking 1/4-1/2 of a feeding.  We are very encouraged by her progress and are praying it keeps up this weekend!

The only "hurdle" we have right now is trying to figure out which formula and thickener combination is best for her.  She has been having some reflux issues since drinking more and more formula so the speech therapist is "experimenting" with a few different types of formula and hopefully we can find the right one for Olivia that will reduce her reflux.  (She has to be on formula right now because she needs a thick liquid and breast milk is too thin and doesn't mix with the type of thickener she needs at this point.)

Little Sister has been more and more awake this week, mainly due to no more phenobarbital (the strongest seizure medicine), and it is so much fun!  I love spending my days with her and figuring out her little personality.

I promise this is not posed!  I'm pretty sure the girl is already tired of pictures ;)
 
We love this little girl so much and are counting down the days until we can bring her home!

2 comments:

  1. I am SOOOO ready for you to bring her home too; I know that will just make life complete for you! She is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacey, I am over from Kelly's Korner. I am praying for sweet Olivia and all of you! I am a Labor and Delivery nurse so I am amazed at your miracle. Praying hard for continued strength for the you, Jason, and your precious girls!

    ReplyDelete