September 6, 2012

NICU day 15

Today was a big day for Olivia!  She finally has her own room!  Though we are still in the NICU, she was moved from "the core", where the most critical babies are, to a private room where we can spend more time with her. 

I got to spend some extra time with Olivia this afternoon because she was in her own room.  It was so much fun!  She was awake most of the time I was with her and it did my momma heart good getting some alone time to love on my baby.  I'm looking forward to more special moments like this while in the NICU.

I LOVE these baby eyes!

We finally heard from the neurologist today that Olivia's EEG from Tuesday looked normal and there were no signs of seizure activity or abnormal brain waves!  Praise the Lord!

Olivia also had her first speech therapy session today.  Her sucking reflex isn't very good right now so that is a prayer request as well as something we will really be working on in the next few days with her pacifier.  She must be bottle/breast fed before coming home so the sooner she gets her sucking reflex down, the sooner we will be one step closer to getting rid of the feeding tube and being discharged.

Tomorrow is another big day for Olivia as she will finally have her MRI.  This is the day we have all waited for and are most anxious about.  Please join us praying that her MRI would come back perfect with no signs of brain injury or trauma.  We know that God has big plans for Olivia and He alone can completely heal our sweet baby.  Thank you again to each of you who are following our journey and lifting our family up in prayer.

3 comments:

  1. Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, and whose hope is the Lord. Jer17:7.

    Trusting in our Saviour as you continue this journey and praying without ceasing. Love you!
    Aunt Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacey! My name is Noelle Ciganek, and we live just down the road from you guys! I saw your information in the Communicator at Fellowship Bible last weekend, and I would love to bring your family dinner or help in any way I can! Our second child, Madelynn, was born 5 weeks early two years ago and spent 15 days in the NICU, so I've been where you are! Please call me at your convenience...479-530-6757! Looking forward to talking to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so precious. I have been following your story through Jason on FB. We will continue to pray. I hope the MRI went well!

    ReplyDelete