September 22, 2012

happy one month, Olivia!

I absolutely cannot believe Olivia is one month old today!  And today was spent much different than I thought but I know she is where she needs to be as hard as it is not to have her home yet.  When Olivia was first born, we were told she would be in the NICU for about 3 weeks but now we are at one month and my momma heart is sad today.  I am seriously aching for this little girl to come home.  But I also know it is SO important for her to work on her feeding from a bottle at the hospital under close supervision from doctors, nurses and therapists before we tackle that at home. 

Please keep praying that she will be successful with her bottle feedings.  Her day today wasn't as great as past few days have been.  It really wears her out trying so she is sleeping through a few feedings a day and the nurse just tube feeds her when she is so sleepy.  It is a little discouraging to have a few good days in a row with great progress and then a rough day with not much progress.

Here's our sweet, sleepy girl today at 1 month, 6 lbs 12oz:

2 comments:

  1. Happy One Month, sweet Olivia!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, little girl! I hope you get stronger with your bottle skills every day and get yourself home soon!

    ReplyDelete