August 16, 2012

what a week!

Well, this week has gone from good to bad in a matter of hours.  I usually look forward to Wednesdays because these are the days Hannah and I don't plan much and just play around the house and I begin to prepare for the weekend.  Yesterday was anything but that.

Hannah had an appointment with the ENT because she has had an ear infection/drainage for nearly two weeks after being on antibiotics for 10 days.  We were a "work-in" appointment which also meant we had to sit around at the doctor's office until he was done with the other patients for the day.  Fortunately, we didn't wait too long and Hannah did great watching stuff on my phone and looking at magazines. 

However, this "check-up" appointment went from good to worse in about 2.5 seconds when the doctor realized he needed to drain her ear to get all the fluid out.  AWFUL.  Hannah was not having any of it.  She wouldn't lay on the chair so the nurse had to strap her to a back board.  The cries that came out of my sweet baby will haunt me for days to come, not to mention her repeatedly saying "Momma, hold me."  Oh, how I wanted to!  The image of her strapped to the table is also one that won't quickly be erased from my memory (though, I wish it would).  Finally, after what seemed like an hour, but was really only about 10 minutes, the doctor was done and we were on our way.  After a Strawberry Shortcake sticker, all was right in the world again.  Until....

I got a call from Jason that my Dad was being admitted to the hospital for chest pains and failing a stress test today at the doctor.  My Dad is the healthiest, most fit 50-year-old I know so this was a complete shock.  My Dad had a procedure done today to check for a blocked artery.  PRAISE THE LORD the procedure really didn't show any blockage but the doctors are a bit stumped as to why he has been having chest pain/pressure this week.  He will go back to his doctor next week for a few more tests to see what else could be going on.

Hannah didn't understand why Dean-Dean was in the hospital....she kept telling people he has a broken heart.  Sweet girl.  She did make him a precious "get well" card and she was super proud to give it to him when we got to the hospital.

Thankfully everyone is on the road to recovery and I'm praying for a less eventful, relaxing weekend!  And hoping that we can enjoy some good family time as we prepare Hannah for preschool Monday morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment