August 12, 2012

weekend of local faves

We spent the majority of our weekend hanging out at some fun local events in the area and enjoying some cooler weather.  I LOVE living in Fayetteville and all the things available for families to do, especially when it isn't 110 degrees outside!

We started out at the last Concert at the Park for the summer on Thursday night.  It is always fun!  Hannah enjoys the music and dancing with friends while Jason and I enjoy catching up with friends too.  I'm sad it's over for this year but am already looking forward to next year!


Saturday morning we headed out to the Farmer's Market on the square.  The Farmer's Market is another great place to see friends, people watch and get some great produce or flowers.  I was thankful this Saturday was a little cooler so we could actually enjoy it for a little bit since we hadn't been all summer.


Saturday evening we went to the annual Grape Festival.  It was an interesting experience to say the least but a must if you live in NWA!  We enjoyed some grape ice cream and Hannah got her face painted "like a princess" so it was a success.



It was a fun weekend enjoying some local events.  I LOVE where we live and all the fun things that we can do as a family each weekend.  It was definitely a great way to spend one of the last full weekends of summer. 

This week we will be getting Hannah ready for preschool and trying to spend special time with her as this new stage of life quickly approaches.  And I'm going to try my hardest to not cry too much as I watch my baby girl grow up....

2 comments:

  1. Fayetteville is the best-I miss it! I have a food tour with my sister planned for this fall, so I'll come meet Olivia when I'm there.

    Hannah does look especially grown up in these pictures. She's beautiful, just like her mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, please come visit! we would all love to see you!

    and yes, Hannah is growing up way too fast! can't believe she starts preschool on Monday...:(

    ReplyDelete