August 31, 2012

NICU day 9

Well, I didn't update yesterday because there wasn't much to update.  Olivia was still pretty sedated from the meds and the doctor was basically just monitoring her and keeping her as stable as possible.  The huge thing from yesterday (and today) is that she has had no more abnormal brain activity!  We know this is a miracle and pray against anymore signs of abnormal brain activity in the coming days as she is weaned off one of the anti-seizure medications (phenobarbital). 

Today will be a big day for Olivia!  She started off the day getting the vent taken out again. We are, of course, praying that it doesn't have to go back in.  Olivia didn't do so well at first when they took out the vent and was struggling a little bit to breathe so the nurse actually had to do a breathing treatment and she seemed to settle back down to rest again.  We were there when all this happened and it was a little scary for this momma to see.  I'm anxious to get back up to the hospital to see how she is doing this afternoon!

Here are a couple pictures of our precious angel without the vent!


Hopefully today they will also remove some other IVs and tubes she has had since birth.  I'm getting more and more anxious to hold this precious baby!

9 comments:

  1. Thank you for the update Stacey! Continuing to pray for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so beautiful and yummy! Praying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am praying, praying, praying that TODAY will be the day you get to hold her in your arms! You both need it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for y'all! I can't imagine being there to see that happen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, sweet stacey! I did not know you were expecting again! it's been a while! congratulations! I bet Hannah is so excited for a baby sister! praying for your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a precious little face! We are praying for you all! You and Jason are amazing parents to both of your sweet girls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry you are still waiting to hold your little girl. I waited a long time to hold my daughter too, and it was so hard to miss out on what seems such a simple act of mothering. I really hope you get to snuggle her soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just heard about your sweet baby tonight. I'm sorry for what you have been through. I so understand how you are feeling. I'm praying for Olivia and especially for you. Praying she goes stronger and has a complete recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I came across your blog from the Francis' blog. I will keep you all in my prayers. What a beautiful, chubby faced sweetie you have!

    ReplyDelete