August 29, 2012

NICU day 4

Olivia responded very well to the warming process overnight Saturday.  One of the main concerns with the warming process is seizures.  Olivia didn't appear to have any during the warming process but seemed to have several Sunday morning.  We actually witnessed a few right before we were to leave the hospital.  We stayed at the hospital longer than anticipated so we could speak with the doctor about his plan of action to stop the seizure activity she seemed to be having.  Basically, they just put her on anti-seizure medicine and wait to see what that does.  I learned very quickly that life in the NICU is do something and wait.  LOTS of waiting.

This is Olivia's weekend nurse.  She was phenomenal and I absolutely fell in love with her and was so thankful she took care of my sweet baby all weekend.  Olivia's cooling blankets were peeled back for the first time and we actually got to see her little body.  I can't wait to hold this bundle!
 
I actually think this picture is from Saturday night but it has been such a blessing to be able to pray over our little girl every night while in the hospital.  We have already seen so many miracles and I can't wait to see what else God has in store for this little girl's life.

Sunday was HARD.  We came home from the hospital and left our sweet angel at the hospital.  I was doing okay with it all until Jason turned the car down our street and once we were in the garage, I was a mess.  I won't say it isn't fair but I will say that I was empty.  I came home missing a huge piece of me.  Even though we were more than excited to see Hannah and get some rest in our own bed, the emptiness was overwhelming.

1 comment:

  1. We are praying for you all so much! We prayed a lot at small group tonight and can't wait until you all get to take your baby home! Let us know if there is anyting we can do!

    ReplyDelete