June 20, 2012

happy father's day!

In the midst of all the craziness the past few weeks, I completely forgot to post about our Father's Day weekend!  (Apologies to my sweet husband who truly is the BEST daddy in the world to Hannah! :))

Father's Day celebrations actually started on Thursday when Jason took Hannah to the Daddy/Daughter Date Night at Chickfila.  They had a blast!  I love seeing them spend time together and can't wait for more daddy/daughter date nights for Hannah in the future!


We had ZERO plans for the weekend except to celebrate Jason and that's exactly what we did!  Saturday, we got up and headed to my parents' house to swim.  It is already SO incredibly hot that I seriously have no idea how I am going to survive this summer pregnant!  Thankful for my parents' pool for sure! :)

Saturday night, we went out for dinner just the three of us.  That doesn't happen too often but we sure love when it does!  And I couldn't love these two any more!!

Sunday started out with a special breakfast for Jason.  I made chocolate gravy and biscuits.  He loves chocolate gravy and I only make it for special occasions and Father's Day is defnitely a special day.

We went to church, came home and Jason began smoking some ribs for dinner.  I felt bad that he was cooking on "his" day but smoking or grilling meat is seriously one of his favorite things.  While we were waiting for dinner, we spent most of the afternoon outside playing in Hannah's blowup pool and trying to keep cool...which also translates into Jason "attacking" Hannah with water!


Jason and his yummy ribs!

We finished off the night with a movie and some yummy cast iron skillet apple crisp.  Seriously, so good and so easy!


It was a great, relaxing Father's Day weekend and I couldn't be more thankful for Jason and the daddy he is to Hannah.  I cannot wait to see him be daddy to Olivia soon!  He is the best daddy and husband and we are truly blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment