June 28, 2012

ch-ch-ch-changes

Today is a very bittersweet day for me.  It was officially my last day at Loving Choices as Site Director.  I have been working for Loving Choices for the past year and a half and it has been wonderful!  I have been challenged in my faith, learned more about who I am and walked some tough roads with clients who are facing unplanned pregnancies.  There have been super tough days and super rewarding days.  It is hard to walk away as a staff member from a ministry that definitely holds my heart and has been my dream job.

The staff and volunteers that I have gotten to know and work with over the past 18 months are truly incredible women.  Their hearts for the Lord and women in crisis is so evident in everything they do.  It has truly been an honor working with each of them. 

As difficult as today was, it was also a pretty fun day.  The sweet staff threw a little baby shower for me and it got me really excited about Olivia's upcoming arrival!

Super yummy cake

Super cute pink baby clothes

Ann and Chris, the Nurse and Client Manager of the center

Caroline, sweet friend and Executive Director of Loving Choices

It has truly been an honor and blessing working at Loving Choices and I look forward to returning to volunteer very soon!  These ladies are all super special to me and I am so thankful for the opportunity I have had to work with each of them week after week.

I am also super thankful for how hard my husband works so I am able to stay home with our little girls.  I know this wouldn't be possible without the Lord's blessings on his business over the past few months and Jason's commitment to our family through his work. 

I'd be lying if I didn't mention that I am little nervous and anxious about this new season.  As exciting as it is to be expecting a sweet baby girl to join our family in just 3 months, it also makes me super nervous to think about how different our life will be in the coming months.  There are so many emotions that come along with this new phase but we are trusting in the Lord to provide exactly what we need when we need it and trusting Him to calm my anxious heart and nervous spirit.
Now, I'm off to plan some fun things to do with Hannah before she starts preschool and Olivia arrives....

No comments:

Post a Comment