May 20, 2012

weekend "away"

This past weekend we had a little weekend "away" and it was wonderful!  When I say "away" I really mean we went and stayed at my parents' house in Bentonville to dog sit while they were in Texas for my cousin's graduation from law school.  It was nice to spend some time in Bentonville because I always have a list of things we would enjoy doing but just never take the time to actually go to Bentonville unless we are seeing family.  We enjoyed lots of Bentonville things and I hope to do this more often!

Hannah and I went to my parents' house Friday morning while Jason was at work.  After he got off work, we went to dinner and then made a stop at YumYo's for some frozen yogurt.  Hannah LOVED it!


We got back to my parents' house to play outside and let Buddy run around a bit.


Saturday, we got up and headed to the Bentonville Farmer's Market, after a little Krispy Kreme donut action first. :) 

We love going to the Farmer's Market in Fayetteville so it was fun to check out a different market.  We hung out by the fountain to do some people watching and Hannah got a cat shaped balloon.


After the Farmer's Market, we ventured over to the splash pad.  It was super hot so the water was perfect!  After a little persuasion from Jason, Hannah decided she loved it!



When we were done splashing around, we went over to the new Flying Fish that is downtown. It was so yummy! And Hannah actually ate the chicken fingers so this will be a place we eat again!

After lunch, we went back to my parents' house for naps before a little cookout we had with some friends from church.  It was a fun, relaxing evening and I am so thankful for sweet friends who travel to Bentonville to hang out! :)



Sunday morning didn't go quite as planned but it turned out to be pretty fun.  We had planned to walk the trails at Crystal Bridges and find a place to have a picnic.  The weather wasn't cooperative at first so we had our picnic at Orchards Park and let Hannah play around in the pond there.


Once the rain let up, we decided to at least walk part of the trails before heading back to Fayetteville.  I'm glad we did!  It was beautiful!  I can't wait to go back and walk more of the trails soon!


It was a fun weekend "away"!  I'm so thankful for two wonderful places in NWA to call home.

No comments:

Post a Comment