May 13, 2012

mother's day 2012

I had a wonderful Mother's Day!  We had the best day as a family....full of lots of fun and relaxation....exactly what this pregnant momma needed!

We spent the morning lounging in our pjs.  We missed church because I wasn't feeling well and needed some rest.  When I finally got my act together, we all got ready and headed to the park for a picnic.  We found this cute little park near our house that we didn't know existed.  I am super excited about a park a little closer to our house for Hannah to play at this summer!

It started raining while we were out so we headed home and it was naps for everyone! :)  After naps, Jason fired up the grill to grill steaks, made semi-homemade bread and baked potatoes for dinner.  I was super impressed and thankful that I didn't have to lift a finger!  And it was all delicious!!

We ended the night with a little family movie-watching all cuddled up on the couch. 
It. Was. Perfect!

Jason got me the most thoughtful gift for Mother's Day too.  It was a necklace with two charms that had the girls' names engraved on it.  I LOVE it and was super surprised he pulled it off since we just found out on Thursday that Baby #2 was for sure a girl.  It was a perfect gift!  So crazy to think that in just 4.5 months, we will be a family of four!

I am so thankful for my little family and especially thankful to have been chosen as Hannah's mommy.  God is so good and has brought our family through so much.  We are incredibly blessed and can't wait to welcome sweet Olivia into our family this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment