May 29, 2012

memorial day

Our Memorial Day was quite relaxing and the perfect ending to a great three day weekend.

We hung out at the house for most of the day but did have a picnic lunch in Hannah's playhouse in the backyard. :)



After our picnic, I was needing craving some Bliss cupcakes so Jason obliged.  I'm so thankful for my sweet husband who puts up with all my crazy pregnancy cravings.
Hannah was a little overwhelmed by all her choices.

We then came home for rest/naps before getting ready for our small group cookout at the Smith's house.  It was so fun!  I LOVE our small group and am so thankful to have friends in the exact same stage of life as us and for friends for Hannah.  It really is perfect!

The backyard was setup and decorated so cute!  The kiddos loved this pool and running around in the yard all night.

The Moms and Dads usually end up separating at these things but Hannah made sure she didn't miss out on any of the guy talk! :)

These are the most precious little girls ever!  I am so thankful for their friendships to Hannah and the friendships I have with their mommas.

Hannah and Brody LOVED the bubbles!
                                         

The Dads ended the night with lots of game playing...a little yard game and then some Rock Band.


We had a fun-filled Memorial Day but I don't want to take for granted the reason that we celebrate this day.  We are so thankful for the men and women who have sacrificed and continue to sacrifice for our country so that we have the freedom to gather for things like small group Bible study and cookouts.  It is truly humbling to think about the lives that have been lost on our behalf.  I thank God for the freedom we have and I don't want to forget that in the midst of all the fun we had this weekend.

Happy Memorial Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment