January 2, 2010

our engagement

Jason and I got engaged on June 21, 2009.  It was a Sunday and I definitely did not have the best attitude before our date.  I spent all weekend pleading with Jason to tell me what we were doing but he would not give in!  So I was being my stubborn self and taking a really long time getting ready and didn't care about being late. :)  But I did finally get ready and make my way to Fayetteville for an afternoon date.

I arrived at Jason's house to this present and note on the front door.


This present was the first of a series of clues to find Jason in Fayetteville.  The clue from this present led me to Different Strokes, a pottery painting place that Jason has always wanted to take me for a date but it just hasn't worked out yet.  This is the tile that Jason painted for me:
(By the way, I had NO idea what was going on at this point.  You would think this verse would give it away but not for me...)

After this stop, I was directed to go to Mount Sequoyah, the highest point in Fayetteville.  It is absolutely beautiful and I was excited to see what was awaiting me.

When I arrived, I found one dozen roses and one last letter from Jason at the foot of the cross.  Perfect!

Then, finally, Jason came out from his hiding place and proposed. I was certainly surprised but said yes without hesitation!


As soon as we left Mount Sequoyah, I called my parents and shared this fun news!  Obviously they already knew since Jason had asked my dad's permission the day before but they humored me and shared in my excitement. :)  Little did I know, though, there was still one more surprise.  So we headed to Bentonville to see my family.  When we arrived at my parents house, there was a cake, my sister Kristy and her boyfriend Jack waiting for us.  And about 5 minutes later, Jason's parents walked in from Fort Smith.  The perfect ending to a perfect day!




No comments:

Post a Comment